don't need a fresh pot of food

rightterm

Spanish
Hola tengo una duda con la siguiente expresión:

Often, we get caught up in the many delicious options each iftar brings, but we don’t need a fresh pot of food each day.

Lo traduciría como una "olla reciente de alimentos"? Quizás?

Agradezco sus comentarios y respuestas.

Saludos

• grindios

USA
    English - United States Midwestern

Often, we get caught up in the many delicious options each iftar brings, but we don’t need a fresh pot of food each day.

Saludos
    Interesante porque en inglés (AmE) “fresh pot of food” suena raro. Tal vez es algo común entre los musulmanes. Aquí suele decir “fresh pot of coffee.”

Bevj

Allegra Moderata (Sp/Eng, Cat)
    English (U.K.)
    Khadijah is a UK writer and blogger just starting out. Mother of one, works from home and has many reading interests including, fiction, linguistics and biography. Working on her first novel for a Young Adult audience.

NewsBlaze News

The English sounds OK to me too.

pops91710

English, AE/Spanish-Mexico
    Khadijah is a UK writer and blogger just starting out. Mother of one, works from home and has many reading interests including, fiction, linguistics and biography. Working on her first novel for a Young Adult audience.

NewsBlaze News

The English sounds OK to me too.
    I figured she was because she used whilst many times in her various articles. It was the only revealing clue, but that could have included Australia, NZ, Malaysia, or Canada too.

I agree Bev, her English is impeccable. She writes very well. I just don't hear fresh pot of food over here. However, a fresh pot of beans...yes! Freshly cooked pots of food sounds more what I would expect to hear.

AGT55

Spanish - Mexico

Saludos
    Yo diría algo como "A menudo, nos dejamos llevar por las numerosas y deliciosas opciones que trae cada iftar, pero no necesitamos una olla fresca de comida cada día."

Masood

British English
    Does "fresh" actually mean "different" or even "new" here?

syd
    I'm guessing she means a freshly-prepared meal (made the same day), and most probably a different type of food to the previous night's iftar meal. I think she's advocating that eating last night's leftovers is far less wasteful.