Don't shine me on

vino9llo

italia italiano
Hi. I can't understand the following phrase:
"Don't shine me on".
Maybe: non cercare di accecarmi (come per il tentativo di nascondere quacosa)??
as usual thanks in advance

• DAH

USA/California--English
    Hi. I can't understand the following phrase:
    "Don't shine me on". as usual thanks in advance
    To shine someone on is to ignore them or not give someone your attention.
    If you scream "s-h-i-n-n-n-n-e!!!!!!" at someone that means leave me alone/don't bother me.

Is "shine on" coming back?

yargwh

American English
    Don't shine me on is another way of saying, Don't brush me off. It was the title of a record made in 1963.

JNewland

Don't shine me on is another way of saying, Don't brush me off. It was the title of a record made in 1963.

Welcome yargwh,

Ah! Did you say the '60's? - Quite so.It was song made famous by Johnny Rivers and it was the "Midnight Special" - a quote " Ah let the Midnight Special shine a light on me." I got '65 anyway.:)

yargwh

American English
    WTF?!!! Surely, you jest! _Don't Shine Me On_ is the title of a side cut by the otherwise-unknown Los Angeles no-hit wonders, Frankie & The Dell Stars, in 1963. But the jam was popular enough in black L.A. to spread the saying around. I heard the record exactly one time, on my car radio, while waiting in my 'chine for the light at the intersection of Western Avenue and Pico Boulevard in L.A. one day in May of '63. It was my NNth birthday, hence easy to remember.

"Shine *him, her, it* on!" meant, Don't let him, her, it bring you down.

I've since downloaded it from iTunes. It's a cut on the album, "Burnin' Rockers 'n' Blues."

Barkley1515

English
    Recently, I was watching an old movie "The Mechanic" with Charles Bronson and Jan-Michael Vincent. I think fairly early in the movie Vincent says to Bronson "don't shine me on" and by the way he stated it, it was easy to determine that it meant something like "don't brush me off" as has been suggested by those responding here.