Don't sweat the small stuff

Amityville

English UK
Moderator Note: Several threads have been merged to create this one.

My attempt but it isn't very colloquial - Ne pas s'angoisser des futilités. Do you have anything better, o native ones, please ?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Mycall

France French
    Amityville said:
    Merci, mycall. Is my attempt useable in other contexts, would you say ? (I won't be offended by the answer)
    I should think it's quite acceptable; only it seems one word is missing.

"Ne t'angoisse pas pour des futilités" ou "Ne te prends pas la tête avec des riens" (more straightforward)

TheUnitedStatesOfEurope

French-France
    Hi everyone!

I'm wondering what means this sentence, quoted from Twin Cities Metro Magazine, article dated from the 5th of April 2010 (the article is about a new yoga programme for brides which has been launched downtown):

"a seven-week yoga program designed for brides-to-be, can keep you from sweating the small stuff on your big day."

Thanks in advance :)

Xavier11222

France French
    Hi,
    I like "des riens" or "des petits riens", even if it's not the first thing that comes to the mind of this native.
    There are already two threads on the topic - [links removed, merged with other threads]. The latter has some options you may like.
    Don't forget to check the existing threads before starting a new one - you can always ask your question on an old thread, it will bump it to the top of the list. :)

EDIT:
    The title of the book "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" by Richard Carlson was translated as "Ne vous noyez pas dans un verre d'eau".
    That's what came to mind - but it's a different image. It does work in most contexts though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >