don't worry / no worries

hayley waters

uk
HI everyone,

Im having difficulties with the phrase "no worries" (slang) for example;

"can you put the kettle on" - "yeah no worries" I think "oui bien sur " would suffice here, but not d'accord. Can anyone provide me with other ways to express this, as I dont want to keep using the same phrase.

However "if its a problem for you, dont worry", translates (badly I think) to si il te derange, t'inquiet pas, but I think that this is too strong and is taken literally. Would anyone be able to give me a phrase that I can use here instead, as t'inquete pas is causing confusion

Thanks in advance

• rueflaquette

england (i speaka de english)
    hey,

don't know if it's exactly relevant, but if you wanna say

"i'm on it" its "je m'en occupe"

"t'inquiète pas" is more like don't worry. so unless your friend is really concerned about whos making the tea, it won't really apply...

as for "no worries" your guess is as good as mine... hehe.

unefemme1

English, New Zealand
    Isn't it "ca ne fait rien"??

or C'est rien? Or maybe i've mixed up the words...you'll have to get a French speaker to help you sorry :S

kside18

United States, English
    for both "don't worry" and "nevermind" i usually use "t'en fais pas!" which i think means make nothing of it!

BEEKEEPER

France French
    hey,

don't know if it's exactly relevant, but if you wanna say

"i'm on it" its "je m'en occupe":tick:

"t'inquiète pas" is more like don't worry. so unless your friend is really concerned about whos making the tea, it won't really apply...

as for "no worries" your guess is as good as mine... hehe.

Nicosito

French /UK English - bilingual
    It's "pas de problème" in the singular. As in "no problem" in English, rather than "no problems".

Nico.

< Previous | Next >