Don't you mean, you'r my best friend?

dirty_cat

America/English
Need help translating this. I know how to say the last part I think but not the begginig.
English - " Don't you mean, you'r my best friend ?"
My try in spanish " .... ... .... tu eres mi mejar amiga?"
Btw I would be talking to a girl in this sentence. And quick question. Could you also say "tu esta mi mejar amiga?" Or not. And if so, why?

• Poca Cosa

English - US
    Whoa, dude, type much? :)

If all you want to know is how to say you're my best friend, it's "Tú eres mi mejor amiga."

If you want to say is, "Don't you know you're my best friend?" it's "¿No sabes que tú eres mi mejor amiga?

Of course, the "tú" is optional.

You don't use estar in this case because estar is generally for temporary conditions.

dirty_cat

America/English
    But you typed more than me! lol Sorry in a rush! Not thinking about what i'm typing. Anyways. Yeah I was asking for the whole thing "Don't you mean, your my best friend". And if you could use both esta and eres?

Last edited:

ChinitaBoba

English, Spanish, American Sign Language
    I think a simple "Quieres decir que eres mi mejor amiga?"
    It all really rests on the punctuation. Since it falls after the "don't you mean..." then it makes it sound like a question. even though you didn't add the question mark. If you read it as you wrote it..it's sounds like a question...right? Anyone agree?

dirty_cat

America/English
    I think a simple "Quieres decir que eres mi mejor amiga?"
    It all really rests on the punctuation. Since it falls after the "don't you mean..." then it makes it sound like a question. even though you didn't add the question mark. If you read it as you wrote it..it's sounds like a question...right? Anyone agree?
    Thankyou! That makes more since ^____^

< Previous | Next >