dramatic diva or sumptuous temptress

translation lover

Arabic
Hi, I am working on a file for Sephora, the cosmetics brand, but I'm not able to interpret the sentence in black. Can someone help?

This almost-indecent mascara is armed with a triple-reservoir brush to plump, prime and dramatically build lashes with every stroke.

The ideal mascara whether you’re going for dramatic diva or sumptuous temptress.

Thank you

• Nunty

Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    Hello, translation lover.

I understand that you are wondering about the words "dramatic diva" and "sumptuous temptress". Have you looked up the words in the dictionary? They all have their normal meanings here. If you tell us what exactly is giving you problems we'll be glad to try to help. :)

translation lover

Arabic
    The problem is I feel that they are similar in meaning thus I find a difficulty to translate with keeping the contrast that is supposed to be evident.

Nunty

Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    No, they are not similar. A diva is not the same as a temptress, and dramatic is not the same as sumptuous.

The literal meaning of diva is a famous female singer. By extension, it has come to mean a woman who acts as though she wants to be treated like a star. A temptress is a woman who tempts men, acts in a seductive fashion.

Please look the other words up in the site dictionary at the top of the page. Then if you need more clarifications, we will help you.

< Previous | Next >