dreaming much vs seeing many dreams

< Previous | Next >

Zealous

Russian
Hey people!

It seems I need your advice ;)
What is a better way to say it

I was dreaming so much today while sleeping, but I can't recall what were that dreams about.

I was dreaming so much today while sleeping, but I can't recall what that dreams were about.

I saw so many dreams today while sleeping, but I can't recall any of them.

Thank you!

• Pacoman18

British English
    Privet!

In my opinion, it would be best to say "I was dreaming so much today while sleeping, but I can't recall what they were about". Recall can also be a synonym for "remember". I hope this helps.

manon33

English - England (Yorkshire)
    I dreamt a lot today but can remember nothing of what I dreamt
    I had lots of dreams today but I can't remember any of them

desert_fox

English
    Hey people!

It seems I need your advice ;)
    What is a better way to say it

I was dreaming alot today while sleeping, but I can't recall what they were about.

I was dreaming so much today while sleeping, but I can't recall what they were about.

I had so many dreams today while sleeping, but I can't recall any of them.

Thank you!

manon33

English - England (Yorkshire)
    I was dreaming alot today while sleeping, but I can't recall what they were about. :cross:

I was dreaming so much today while sleeping, but I can't recall what they were about. :cross:

I had so many dreams today while sleeping, but I can't recall any of them.

I hope you don't mind my pointing this out, but in the suggestions above [from the previous post], there are some confusing errors:

a lot is two words; and then 'they were' does not seem to refer to anything specific

'so much/many' seem(s) to expect 'that + verb..' but are unsatisfied

Zealous

Russian
    Privet!

In my opinion, it would be best to say "I was dreaming so much today while sleeping, but I can't recall what they were about".
    It seems I've found the point of my confusion. In the second part of the sentence, "they" refer to "dreaming", not to dreams. Should't I indicate the noun in plural form in the first part?

Zealous

Russian
    I dreamt a lot today but can remember nothing of what I dreamt
    I had lots of dreams today but I can't remember any of them
    It seems I still misunderstand the word "dream" as a polysemantic word. When I don't specify that I was sleeping when dreaming, cannot it make an impression that I was dreaming while being awoken and then I forgot what wishes I was making?

Thank you

Pacoman18

British English
    It depends really. You could say that you had one long dream that changed alot, or you could say that you had many dreams. I would tend to say "dreams", and therefore would say "they". In this sentence, to avoid any confusion, it would be best if you said: "Toaday, while I was sleeping I had many dreams, but I can't remember what they were about". I hope that has made it clearer.

Dosvidanya!

< Previous | Next >