Dress code - suits or smart jackets, trousers and ties

Iluminado

Español
Good morning.

I am going to travel to London in a business trip. The dress code is: "suits or smart jackets, trousers and ties". What It means is that the tie is mandatory?. . . or eventually one could wear jacket and trousers without tie?. . .or suit without tie, perhaps?

Thanks in advance for your collaboration.

• letterabrea

Spanish-spain
    Good morning.

I am going to travel to London in a business trip. The dress code is: "suits or smart jackets, trousers and ties". What It means is that the tie is mandatory?. . . or eventually one could wear jacket and trousers without tie?. . .or suit without tie, perhaps?

Thanks in advance for your collaboration.

It is obvious that the tie is mandatory. because you can chose between a suit o smart jacket + trousers, both options with a tie. Hope this helps you.

fenixpollo

American English
    Hello, Iluminado, and welcome to the forum.

The Spanish-English forum belongs to a dictionary, so we can translate this short phrase. But for future reference, we aren't a fashion forum or a culture forum, so we don't answer dress code questions unless a translation is involved.

I would translate this as traje o saco de moda, pantalones de vestir y corbata. I went with singular forms, but plural forms would work fine -- just like they would in the original phrase in English.

Saludos.

< Previous | Next >