Drill hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

phamthuyha

Vietnamese
I do not completely understand the size of a specified drill hole as follow: "7.0 mm Hole 9/32" Drill". That means drill hole is 9/32 in. wide doesn't that? how about 7.0mm. Please help me to understand. Thank you!

• Lnewqban

Spanish - Cuba
    It seems the same dimension, because 9/32 of one inch is 7.14 millimeters.
    A 9/32-inch drill bit is frequently used for tapping a 5/16-32 thread, but the required hole is always much deeper than 7.0 millimeters.

phamthuyha

Vietnamese
    Sorry, full sentence exactly as follow: 7.0 mm (0.236 in.) Hole 9/32 in. Drill”. I attach the image for you for reference. Thus, please explained more about the size of the drill hole if 7.0 mm is its deep or has other meaning. I need understand it exactly to translate it in to Vietnamese. Thank you

Attachments

Lnewqban

Spanish - Cuba
    The specifications in that drawing are not the best.
    It seems to indicate the following:
    Drill holes of diameter 7.0 mm where indicated (drill bit of 9/32 inch diameter may be used if 7.0 mm diameter bit is not available resulting in 7.14 mm diameter holes).

phamthuyha

Vietnamese
    The specifications in that drawing are not the best.
    It seems to indicate the following:
    Drill holes of diameter 7.0 mm where indicated (drill bit of 9/32 inch diameter may be used if 7.0 mm diameter bit is not available resulting in 7.14 mm diameter holes).
    The drawing is for thermometer bracket, that is in ASTM D943-18 Standard Test Method for Oxidation Characteristics of Inhibited Mineral Oils, that I am working with. Thank very much for your explanation. I think if you are right so the size guide in the drawing in ASTM D942 is not so good to understand for everyone!!! And I think your explanation may be the best for it. Thank again.

Bevj

Allegra Moderata (Sp/Eng, Cat)
    English (U.K.)
    Welcome to the forums.
    This is a forum for the translation of technical vocabulary from Spanish to English and vice versa.
    Since you are not asking for a translation, this thread is being closed (fortunately you already have your answer).
    Thank you.
    Thread closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >