drilled with a hole or a pit?


Senior Member
Context: antique promotional writing.

I have a jade figure bird in hand. Its pupils are drilled with two pits (?) for decorative inlays. Note that the "pits" are simply concavities and are not openings that things can go through. I wonder what should I use to refer to the "pits" on the pupils of the jade figure? "Pits" are already correct? Or holes? The photos are below:

  • < Previous | Next >