droit d'ingérence (code du travail canadien)

joaopaolo

Canadian English
In this sentence:
Tout refus d’une demande au télétravail est considéré comme un droit d’ingérence.

All the threads I see deal with international law, and this context is different. The surrounding context sets out the conditions for employees requesting to work remotely.

So I read this as simply "The employer has the right to refuse requests to work remotely.

But it's an odd way to put it. Has anyone seen this in an employment context?
Thanks!

• Garoubet

French - France, Quebec
    Where did you find such sentence that is pretty meaningless for me? I might be tired but I can't figure out what it is about.
    There is a confusion between "droit d'ingérence" that refers to right of interference and that is mostly defined, as you said, at international level, mostly in relation with humanitarian issues, and "ingérence dans la vie privée" which is defined by labour law and whose purpose is to protect workers.
    Considerer quelque chose comme un droit d'ingérence means that a company would have to right to intervene in the "internal affairs" of a worker.
    I don't see how your translation would match the French sentence. Don't get me wrong, your translation is perfectly meaningful, that's the French sentence I don't understand.
    Is it a contract issued by an employer and does refus means refusal by the employee?

joaopaolo

Canadian English
    It's a policy. And I agree the sentence is confusing, and it is not clear whether the employer or the employee would be the one refusing the right to work remotely. But the surrounding context makes me guess it is the employer. I will ask client for clarification.

pointvirgule

langue française
    Un droit de gérance (managerial right), ça a du sens en droit du travail, mais un droit d'ingérence ? Serait-ce une une coquille ?