drop off

Meredith_R

Canada, English
Could you please tell me what the French equivalent for the verb "to drop off" would be? It is found in the following context: "to drop off claim cards". Thank you.

• Meredith_R

Canada, English
    I'm not exactly sure either. The document is discussing all the things that can be done on the computer at the resource center. The sentence says "file for Employment insurance or to drop off claim cards" so I would assume a card asking for an insurance claim?

Gil

Français, Canada
    Context

Employment Resource Centres (ERC) - equipped with computers for preparing resumes, cover letters and skills assessment, searching the Internet for job openings and use the fax machine to send resumes to potential employers, file for Employment Insurance or to drop off claim cards

Cath.S.

français de France
    I believe in the UK claim cards are documents that unemployed people have to sign on a regular basis (each week) in order to state that they are still unemployed and therefore still entitled to unemployment benefit.
    So I suggest :
    déposer les cartes de pointage.

Cath.S.

français de France
    Gil said:
    Context

Employment Resource Centres (ERC) - equipped with computers for preparing resumes, cover letters and skills assessment, searching the Internet for job openings and use the fax machine to send resumes to potential employers, file for Employment Insurance or to drop off claim cards
    Merci Gil :)
    Je modifie ma proposition :

retourner les cartes de pointage.

Gil

Français, Canada
    Exemple d'emploi au Canada. Cause
    DANS L'AFFAIRE DE LA LOI SUR L'ASSURANCE-CHÔMAGE
    - et -
    d'une demande de prestations présentée par
    Robin M. Childs
    - et -
    d'un appel interjeté devant le juge-arbitre par
    le prestataire à l'encontre d'une décision du conseil arbitral
    rendue à Hamilton (Ontario) le 8 janvier 1996

For this period he filled out 27 claim cards. However, on each and every card, he stated that he did not work for the period the card covered.
    Pour cette période, il a présenté 27 cartes de déclaration. Toutefois, sur chacune de ces cartes, il a déclaré ne pas avoir travaillé pendant la période en question.

Starcreator

Canada, English
    Drop off = laisser. I dropped him off at his house = Je l'ai lassé chez lui OR Je l'ai emmené chez lui.

To drop off a claim card would work with "laisser", I think. Or you could say that tu as apporté the cards somewhere.

le chat noir

French
    I think "déposer" is ok in this context: unemployed can deposit their claim cards there.
    For "claim cards" I think "déclaration de chômage" could do, although it is more like a refund request from unemployment insurance.

< Previous | Next >