Drown my will to fly

Cryokidd

American English
Hi,

I don't have any real knowledge of Greek, but I took it upon myself to try translating a line from the Evanescence song Lithium: "Drown my will to fly"

After a good bit of searching, I came up with the following translation: "Πνίγε της βούλησσ μον πετσθαι"

I have a good bit of confidence in it, with the exception of the infinitive at the end.

Thanks, any and all help is appreciated.

• balgior

Greece/Greek
    Using the UTF-8 (Unicode) character encoding of your browser, this is what Cryokidd came up with: "Πνίγε της βούλησσ μον πετσθαι"

So, you've made an attempt to translate Evanescence's lyrics into Ancient Greek? :eek: :)

I searched for the lyrics and I believe the meaning is: (I don't want to let it) drown my will to fly. So in Modern Greek, this should be "να πνίξει τη βούλησή/θέλησή μου να πετάξω". That is, of course, if and only if I did not misinterpreted the lyrics. :)

Cryokidd

American English
    Using the UTF-8 (Unicode) character encoding of your browser, this is what Cryokidd came up with: "Πνίγε της βούλησσ μον πετσθαι"

So, you've made an attempt to translate Evanescence's lyrics into Ancient Greek? :eek: :)

I searched for the lyrics and I believe the meaning is: (I don't want to let it) drown my will to fly. So in Modern Greek, this should be "να πνίξει τη βούλησή/θέλησή μου να πετάξω". That is, of course, if and only if I did not misinterpreted the lyrics. :)
    That's exactly what I needed. Thanks again!

< Previous | Next >