"Drunk" for weed

< Previous | Next >

Tyrion Lann

INDIA -Hindi
Hello everyone.

If someone is high on weed/ marijuana, the word drunk/ inebriated / intoxicated would work for him?

Are there any adjectives for such drugs?
Thanks.

• lingobingo

English - England
    No, drunk etc. is only used in relation to alcohol. But I’m sure there are lots of adjectives for being high on drugs! The classic one is “stoned”.

pachanga7

English - US
    “Intoxicated” can refer to being under the influence of substances other than alcohol. It’s a fairly formal term.

“Inebriated” and “drunk” refer to the effects of alcohol only.

What context do you have in mind for a translation?

Tyrion Lann

INDIA -Hindi
    I don't have any right now, it just occurred to me and I got to realise that I don't know any adjectives for being high on drugs. So, I got searching for them.

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    We can't provide lists of synonyms here, Tyrion Lann. If you can come up with an example sentence and provide the context for it, we'll be happy to help you decide if you'e chosen the correct adjective.

Tyrion Lann

INDIA -Hindi
    Okay, let me try.

He had been smoking joints the whole evening in the parking lot, but the weed which would (used to) have a built-in quality of giving tranquility to his mind was inefficacious. In a fit of rage he got to the car and with a shaking hand he opened it, and it was the first time he got to realise how much strung out on weed he was.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >