due on receipt

Mariangela2006

Venezuela
Hi!

Somebody, please, can explain me what this phrase means? I am translating a Consulting and service charge policy and I cannot get the sense of that phrase and I also have doubts with the word "term" in the context, I do not know if the person is talking about time or about what has been established in the text:

TERMS
· Terms are DUE ON RECEIPT, unless other arrangements are made. I am considered a small business operator.

• nadasé

Spanish - US
    terms = condiciones (de pago)
    due on receipt = a pagar al recibir XX, pagader(o) al recibir XX

Marthafromsf

US-California-English
    HI,

As I read this, I believe that "Due On Receipt" means that when the client receives the item (or the bill), that the payment (or whatever has been agreed upon) is due ("Unless other arrangements have been made" in advance.)
    Let's say, for example, that the company has done some consulting for a client. When the client receives the bill for the services, the amount due must be paid. Some bills say something like "due in 30 days" or some other time period. But you seem to be describing a company who expects the bill to be paid as soon as the bill is received. Does that make sense?
    "Terms" in this context means what has been agreed on:

TERMS (usually plural) a statement of what is required as part of an agreement; "the contract set out the conditions of the lease"; "the terms of the treaty were generous"

Does that help? Or is it more confusing!?

Martha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!

Somebody, please, can explain me what this phrase means? I am translating a Consulting and service charge policy and I cannot get the sense of that phrase and I also have doubts with the word "term" in the context, I do not know if the person is talking about time or about what has been established in the text:

TERMS
    · Terms are DUE ON RECEIPT, unless other arrangements are made. I am considered a small business operator.

Mariangela2006

Venezuela
    Marthafromsf said:
    HI,

As I read this, I believe that "Due On Receipt" means that when the client receives the item (or the bill), that the payment (or whatever has been agreed upon) is due ("Unless other arrangements have been made" in advance.)
    Let's say, for example, that the company has done some consulting for a client. When the client receives the bill for the services, the amount due must be paid. Some bills say something like "due in 30 days" or some other time period. But you seem to be describing a company who expects the bill to be paid as soon as the bill is received. Does that make sense?
    "Terms" in this context means what has been agreed on:

TERMS (usually plural) a statement of what is required as part of an agreement; "the contract set out the conditions of the lease"; "the terms of the treaty were generous"

Does that help? Or is it more confusing!?

Martha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!

TERMS

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!! This couldn´t have been explained better! I mean I understand very well now

THANKS!!! :D

< Previous | Next >