Due to my hectic schedule, was not able...

tans07

Hindi, India
"Due to my hectic schedule, was not able to update you all on the weekly basis".

Is this sentence correct? How can we frame this message in different ways?
I am writing as a Sr. Management person and i am suppose to update my team on weekly basis about the happenings in the team.

Plz guide me on this?

Thanks

• tans07

Hindi, India
    Hi everyone,

I think there is a little confusion. I am updating my team for this week, however, was not regular in past few weeks.

"Due to my hectic schedule i was not able to update you all from past few weeks".

Is the above sentence correct?

The message has to be in past tense.

waiting for your suggestions!

tans07

Hindi, India
    tans07 said:
    Hi everyone,

I think there is a little confusion. I am updating my team for this week, however, was not regular in past few weeks.

"Due to my hectic schedule i was not able to update you all from past few weeks".

Is the above sentence correct?

The message has to be in past tense.

waiting for your suggestions!
    Can we write " Due to my hectic schedule i have not been able to update you all from past few weeks"

Kenneth Garland

UK, English
    Old-fashioned pedants like me would say:

"Owing to my hectic schedule, I was not able to update you all regularly in past weeks." But I concede that "Due to" has now almost universally taken over in most people's speech.

A90Six

England - English.
    tans07 said:
    "Due to my hectic schedule, I was not able to update you all on the a weekly basis".

Is this sentence correct? How can we frame this message in different ways?
    I am writing as a Sr. Management person, and I am supposed to update my team on a weekly basis about the happenings in the team.

Plz Please guide me on this?

Thanks
    Your sentence (with corrections) is correct.

Possibilities:
    Due to my hectic schedule, I was not able/have been unable to do/carry out/complete/supply/give you the/your weekly updates. (The emphasis is on your hectic shedule.)

I was not able/have been unable to do/carry out/complete/supply/give you the/your weekly updates, due to my hectic schedule. (The emphasis is on your inability to provide weekly updates.)

< Previous | Next >