due to the excellent express system

Sun14

Chinese
Hello, my friends,

I was wondering wether I use the right word:

"The package can be delivered quickly due to the excellent express system."

Thoughts and context: I made up a sentence to describe why people can get the package quickly after they buy it online. In China people usually buy things online on Taobao. And the nowadays people can get their goods more quickly because the development of the delivering company and the development of the transportation system. In a whole, it is like logistic but the packages are usually delivered directly to the customer.

Taobao - Wikipedia

• lingobingo

English - England
    To me, "express system" conjures up the mental image of a railway system using express trains. So I think it would be wise to qualify it by saying "the excellent express delivery system".

(These comments may not apply to AE, of course.)

Sun14

Chinese
    To me, "express system" conjures up the mental image of a railway system using express trains. So I think it would be wise to qualify it by saying "the excellent express delivery system".

(These comments may not apply to AE, of course.)
    Got it. Thank you very much. Let's wait for native speakers to help us.

Egmont

English - U.S.
    As a native American English speaker, I agree with our London-based native British English speaker. If anything, you can leave out "express" once you put in "delivery." The phrase "excellent delivery system" (or shipping system, or any number of other words) is enough.

Sun14

Chinese
    Being English doesn't make me a native English-speaker?! :D:):eek:;)
    I am sorry. I mean AE speaker but I was so careless that I didn't write "American".

As a native American English speaker, I agree with our London-based native British English speaker. If anything, you can leave out "express" once you put in "delivery." The phrase "excellent delivery system" (or shipping system, or any number of other words) is enough.
    Got it. Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >