durch Beschreibung von Arbeitsprozessen

sandrine75

French, France
Hi, everoyne,

I'm completely lost with these two sentences.

Mit dem heute vorgestellten xxxxx folgen wir der Tradition der Arbeitsstudien, nämlich durch Beschreibung von Arbeitsprozessen und der Messung von Input und Output Aussagen. Dies sowohl über die Produktivität des konkreten einzelnen Arbeitsprozesses, als auch durch den Vergleich vieler gemessener Arbeitsprozesse zu allgemeinen Aussagen über Organisationsformen und Managementmethoden.

My try:
Avec la présentation aujourd’hui du xxxxx, nous nous inscrivons dans la tradition des études sur le travail, à savoir par la description des processus de travail et la mesure de l’input et de l’output ???? Aussagen. Ceci aussi bien par la productivité du processus de travail isolé et concret que par la comparaison de nombreux processus de travail mesurés ??? des déclarations générales sur les formes d’organisation et les méthodes de management.

My questions :
- Shouldn't there be something like a VERB after "Aussagen" in the first sentence?
- There is also no verb in the second one... ???

Thanks for your help (in English, German or French)!

• brian

AmE (New Orleans)
    I don't think a verb is necessary in the first sentence. The basic construction is this:

With W, we are following the tradition of X, namely through the description of Y and Z.

I think you're right that the second sentence is missing a verb, but I think the sense is this:

We're doing this (= "Dies") both over A and through B.

P.S. Ignore my (probably bad) translations of the prepositions; I'm just trying to give a sense of the sentence constructions.

sandrine75

French, France
    I don't think a verb is necessary in the first sentence. The basic construction is this:

With W, we are following the tradition of X, namely through the description of Y and Z.

I think you're right that the second sentence is missing a verb, but I think the sense is this:

We're doing this (= "Dies") both over A and through B.

P.S. Ignore my (probably bad) translations of the prepositions; I'm just trying to give a sense of the sentence constructions.

Concerning the construction of the first sentence, then, it would be:

Y
    :
    Arbeitsprozessen
    Z
    : der Messung von Input und Output Aussagen

But "
    Messung von Input und Output Aussagen" doesn't make sense to me!
    (I mean, "Aussagen" : Input und Output Aussagen ????)

Concerning the construction of the second sentence, then, it would be:

over A: über die Produktivität des konkreten einzelnen Arbeitsprozesses
    through B:durch den Vergleich vieler gemessener Arbeitsprozesse zu allgemeinen Aussagen über Organisationsformen und Managementmethoden

Ist that correct?

berndf

German (Germany)
    The word "Aussage" is unmotivated unless it is part of a compound expression, i.e. "Input und OutputAussagen" be a single noun phrase. And I have no idea what might be meant by "Inputaussage" and "Outputaussage".:confused:

brian

AmE (New Orleans)
    Concerning the construction of the first sentence, then, it would be:

Y
    :
    Arbeitsprozessen
    Z
    : der Messung von Input und Output Aussagen

But "
    Messung von Input und Output Aussagen" doesn't make sense to me!
    (I mean, "Aussagen" : Input und Output Aussagen ????)

Concerning the construction of the second sentence, then, it would be:

over A: über die Produktivität des konkreten einzelnen Arbeitsprozesses
    through B:durch den Vergleich vieler gemessener Arbeitsprozesse zu allgemeinen Aussagen über Organisationsformen und Managementmethoden

Ist that correct?
    Yes, that's how I see it, but I'm no native speaker. :)

I read Input und Output Aussagen (which I'm taking as Input- und Outputaussagen) as something like input and output statements.

sandrine75

French, France
    My problem ist/was both syntactic AND semantic! :) Yeah, I've just found on Internet the expression "Input and Output statements". I'll try to find out what it means. Thanks a lot to you both for your precious help!

brian

AmE (New Orleans)
    My problem is not syntactic, it is semantic.
    Mine was a semantic answer, but in English. :D

That is to say, input and output statements is semantically meaningful (in English) to me, so what I was saying is that perhaps Input- und Outputaussage is semantically equivalent to that.

Whether it's the best way to say it in German, I can't say.

< Previous | Next >