During the evenings we relaxed

< Previous | Next >

girlfromengland1

English
I am describing a holiday I took last summer.
I want to say that EVERY evening we were tired so we just relaxed. But I am confused how to use the plurals in this way.

In English it would work as so:
By the end of the day, we were always tired, therefore, during the evenings we would relax and go to a restaurant

My attempt:
Siamo stati stanchi alla fine della giornata sempre, quindi, durante la serata rilasseremmo e andare al ristorante

Grazie mille

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Necsus

Italian (Italy)
    In a different context, yes, you can use the condizionale:
    - se andassimo in vacanza a Roma, la sera (probabilmente) saremmo sempre stanchi, quindi ci rilasseremmo andando al ristorante :);)

Last edited:

Giorgio Spizzi

Italian
    I don't think so, Girl.
    "Quando ci siamo stancati, ci siamo rilassati." would be interpreted to mean that you tired once and consequently relaxed once.
    GS

Necsus

Italian (Italy)
    No, gfe, sorry for my previous moment of inattention, I've corrected it. In your former sentence you can't use passato prossimo, but this is a different one, you can say "ci siamo stancati e ci siamo rilassati", the meaning is what in the meantime Giorgio said.

Oops...Giorgio...

Last edited:

Necsus

Italian (Italy)
    No, 'una sera ci siamo stancati e quindi ci siamo rilassati'. In case of a repeated or usual action imperfetto is needed: 'ogni sera ci stancavamo e quindi ci rilassavamo'.

< Previous | Next >