during the sunset, daybreak, dawn

Sun14

Chinese
Hello, my friends,

I was wondering whether it is appropriate to use those words like that, because I want to describe an occasion that occurs at the period of that time(sunset, daybreak,dawn). I made up 6 sentence:

1) We met each other and walked through the park during the sunset.

2) We met each other and walked through the park during the daybreak.

3) We met each other and walked through the park during the dawn.

4) We met each other and walked through the park at sunset.

5) We met each other and walked through the park at daybreak.

6) We met each other and walked through the park at dawn.

Would you give me some advice or alternatives? Thank you.

Last edited:
  • owlman5

English-US
    "At" looks far more natural to me than "during" in these sentences. I see no problem with using "sunset/daybreak/dawn" in your examples.

Sun14

Chinese
    "At" looks far more natural to me than "during" in these sentences. I see no problem with using "sunset/daybreak/dawn" in your examples.
    I see. Thank you very much. The reason why I have this question is that I saw a thread discussing the difference between at night and during the night. And "at night" refers to a general night while "during the night" specific night.

tunaafi

English - British (Southern England)
    I see. Thank you very much. The reason why I have this question is that I saw a thread discussing the difference between at night and during the night. And "at night" refers to a general night while "during the night" specific night.
    We generally think of sunset, daybreak and dawn as points in time rather than periods.

< Previous | Next >