dust off my old camera wedged somewhere in the house

JBPARK

I dusted off my old camera wedged somewhere in the house

Hello,

Regarding the above sentence I wrote,
I am wondering if the word "wedged" accurately conveys the meaning I am trying to get across, which is somewhere along the lines of "placed or stored unattended without care".

Or I want to know if the use of "wedged" in the context of the sentence seem natural to the native speaker's eyes.

Thanks for you help in advance~

• Copyright

American English
    Unless it's wedged down the back of the sofa cushions, we wouldn't use "wedged" in this context. And we wouldn't use "somewhere," because it was in one particular spot. Would you like to try again? :)

Copyright

American English
    It's not really lying around the house, though, is it? It's in some particular place where you found it. You can leave your clothes lying around the house because several garments can be in several places.

Copyright

American English
    This would be better for me: "I dusted off an old camera I found lying around the house."

But still not particular good.

Copyright

American English
    I think you're missing my point: clothes can be left lying around the house because there are several garments, so they can cover a wide area, but a camera is only going to be found in one spot: I found my old camera covered in dust, sitting on a shelf in the back of my closet.

Nothing to do with "dust."

< Previous | Next >