Dutch: hierbij stuur ik je telefoon terug

dougthe3rd

English
hello!!!!!!!!!!!
please help me. i lost my phone abroad and someone sent it back to me and sent a little note in dutch.
it says
hier by stuur ik je tellefoon terus. als hay goed is dan zie ik aan de overmaaking dat je tellefoon weerin je beziet heb.

if anyona could help me translate it would be much appreciated.
from doug :confused:

• Rayines

Castellano/Argentina
    Hallo Doug: I'm interested in learning Dutch, but I can't actually understand what the text mean. If you are in an urgency, I recommend you to see the list of members, and send some of the Dutch or Belgian members a Private Message asking them. Sorry, I don't find another solution.
    Cheers and welcome!

elroy

Imperfect mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    dougthe3rd said:
    hello!!!!!!!!!!!
    please help me. i lost my phone abroad and someone sent it back to me and sent a little note in dutch.
    it says
    hier by stuur ik je tellefoon terus. als hay goed is dan zie ik aan de overmaaking dat je tellefoon weerin je beziet heb.

if anyona could help me translate it would be much appreciated.
    from doug :confused:

Hi Doug, and welcome to the forums! :)

Your message has several mistakes. You probably copied some things wrong. Here's what I think it should say:

Hierbij stuur ik je telefoon terug. Als hij goed is dan zie ik aan de overmaking dat je je telefoon weer in je beziet hebt.

My attempt at translation:

Herewith (in this mailing) I am sending you your phone back. If it is in good condition, I will see on the transfer (???) that your phone is back in your possession again.

I am not sure my translation is correct, because it doesn't seem to make much sense. Then again, I had to guess at what some of the words were so I could have been quite off. You should wait for our natives.

Rayines

Castellano/Argentina
    WOW!!: elroy came to save us!

Hi again: this is the attempt of my friend from Holland:
    "with this I send you back your telephone. If things are correct I can see by the moneytransfer if you have your telefone again." I think it's more or less the same. (She speaks Dutch :) )

elroy

Imperfect mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Rayines said:
    Hi again: this is the attempt of my friend from Holland:
    "with this I send you back your telephone. If things are correct I can see by the moneytransfer if you have your telefone again." I think it's more or less the same. (She speaks Dutch :) )

Well, there's one important difference:

Thinking the text said "als hij goed is," I translated it as "if it is in good condition" (thinking it referred to the phone), but given your friend's translation ("if things are correct" ["if things go as planned"]), I think it is not "hij" but "het." As I suspected, the fact that I was guessing what some of the words were affected my ability to translate the text correctly. ;)

But now it makes sense! ;)