Dutch word for pliers (Turks Fruit 1975)

lambertblinnphong

French- France
Hello,

I am currently watching the film Turks Fruit (1975) , in Dutch with English subtitles but can't determine the word he is using when asking, or rather shouting for pliers?!
He seems to be using a word with the syllable "tang" but I can't make out the word. I started studying Dutch recently. Thank you for your help.

• Peterdg

Dutch - Belgium
    The generic word for pliers in Dutch is indeed "tang", but there are several kinds of pliers, so it's possibile something comes before the word "tang".

(You can look in the Dutch wikipedia page for "tang" and it will give you an extensive list of all kinds of pliers in Dutch; of course, I don't know which one is used in the movie.)

lambertblinnphong

French- France
    Thank you so much for your help :)

The generic word for pliers in Dutch is indeed "tang", but there are several kinds of pliers, so it's possibile something comes before the word "tang".

(You can look in the Dutch wikipedia page for "tang" and it will give you an extensive list of all kinds of pliers in Dutch; of course, I don't know which one is used in the movie.)

Last edited:

lambertblinnphong

French- France
    I have been watching the scene again and he shouts "Een tang nisje!" While "een tang" is clear, I can't make out the word that follows: it sounds like nisje or nuisje?! The character is in pain and pissed off as he is shouting this.

Mike Hunt

German
    "Nicht" is also used in other ways, but I have not heard anyone calling their girlfriend like that.

There are also the female names Nish and Nisha.