Dynatup tup


Senior Member
spanish argentina
Hola foreros,

Estoy trabajando con una patente, y en una parte dice:

"Dynatup tup #1, 0.5 inch (1.3 cm) diameter, was attached to the crosshead using the Allen bolt supplied.
Prior to testing, the crosshead is raised to a height such that the film impact velocity is 10.9 ±0.1 ft/s.
A weight was added to the crosshead such that:
1) the crosshead slowdown, or tup slowdown, was no more than 20% from the beginning of the test to the point of peak load and 2) the tup must penetrate through the specimen.
If the tup does not penetrate through the film, additional weight is added to the crosshead to increase the striking velocity."

What is the equivalent of tup?
  • Mr.Dent

    Senior Member
    English American
    I never heard the word "tup" before. According to Merriam Webster it means
    a heavy metal body (such as the weight of a pendulum)
    I do not know the proper way to translate it.


    Senior Member
    Spanish - Argentina

    Tup = Load transducer (sensor); a device that measures forces applied to a specimen by the falling drop weight assembly.

    Mi sugerencia: célula de impacto Dynatup®

    Fuente: Tup - Instron
    < Previous | Next >