E&B (relationships)

• MiraJ

Russian
    I do not remember the whole phrase, sorry, but it was like "He said, he does not like the E&B relationships, he likes to hang out with the friends"

MiraJ

Russian
    sorry, cuchuflete and yes I know the rules here about the context but I really do not remember. If you think this post is against the rules, feel free to delete it. Thank you.

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Hi MiarJ,

I'm far less interested in the rules than in trying to learn enough to offer a useful suggestion about the meaning of the term in question. If you simply have no background to offer, you might try an abbreviations dictionary. There are many on the web.

MiraJ

Russian
    cuchuflete, I always find your suggestions useful))))) thank you for helping us)))

What I found in the internet are: 1. Entertainment and Business 2. Ernie and Bert (from Sesame street)

JamesM

I have never heard "E&B" used as a type of relationship. Sorry. Of course, we have the additional complication that what you heard may not be what he said. It could have been "B&B" or something else.

(These are often the most difficult questions to answer. Sometimes they never receive a definitive answer. It is just not enough to go on.)

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    The original, no doubt.
    Rob has stated in interview w/ Penny Smith that he doesn’t like E&B relationships, where they just alianated & forget to hang out w/ their friends.
    Source
    This is a Twilight reference by the actor, Robert Pattison, who plays Edward, to the Edward/Bella relationship - the relationship between Edward (vampire) and Bella (initially human).

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    He likens the E/B relationship to those we all (probably) remember from school. The totally-obsessed couple who for the eternity of their three-week relationship close themselves off from all of the rest of the world.
    (Speaking as an observer, of course.)

< Previous | Next >