EA: blocking/ to block the view

< Previous | Next >

londonmasri

English
Good morning,

Following on from this thread I was wondering what the correct way to use the word block in the following sentences:

The clouds are blocking my view.
&
You are blocking the way (path).

Thanks

Last edited:
  • londonmasri

English
    Just looking over this; is it possible to say something along the lines of enta saaded el-manzar?
    انت سادد المنظر

انت بتبوظ المنظر (I am assuming that this one might not mean getting in the way but rather 'spoiling the view'?)

londonmasri

English
    Could سادد ع المنظر be used if someone was blocking the view of the television? If not what would be used? E.g. How would you say Get out of my way! You are blocking my view of the television!

Josh_

U.S., English
    You could probably use Egyptlover's suggestions, adjusted, of course, to fit your context:

إنت مش مِخَلِّيني أشوف (التلفزيون).ـ
    inta mish mikhalliini ashuuf (it-tilifizyoon).
    مش عارف أشوف (التلفزيون) منك.ـ
    mish 3aarif ashuuf (it-tilifizyoon) minnak.

As for "get out of the way!" that would be اوعى (iw3a). Put that in front of the sentences above and you have the translation of your final sentence -- Get out of my way! You are blocking my view of the television!

إسكندراني

عربي (مصر)ـ | en (gb)
    The most common for 'you're stood in the way' is إنت واقف في السّكة and it's مجازية so we can use it in non-literal circumstances just like in English.
    By the way I take back what I said about إنت مبوّظ المنظر, it's fine but means something like 'you standing in the scene ruins it' rather than 'you are in the way'.

< Previous | Next >