EA/MSA: Arranged marriage

Discussion in 'العربية (Arabic)' started by isabomma, Jan 17, 2013.

  1. isabomma Member

    Hi all,
    how would you say "combined marriage" or "combined engagement" both in EA and in MSA?
    A girl and a guy who don't really get to know each other and the family (or someone else) arranges their meeting and engagement.
  2. fdb Senior Member

    Cambridge, UK
    French (France)
    In English it is called "arranged marriage". "Combinato" is Italian.
  3. isabomma Member

    Thanks for the tip... anyway I think it also exists, even if maybe it is not the formal version.
  4. barkoosh Senior Member

    It's زَوَاج مُدَبَّر
  5. ahmedcowon Senior Member

    In EA: جواز صالونات
  6. إسكندراني

    إسكندراني Senior Member

    أرض الأنجل
    عربي (مصر)ـ | en (gb)
    The meeting is arranged - the engagement may or may not follow.

Share This Page