early evening / seven sharp

< Previous | Next >

hitman47222

Arabic
<< --- Find the mistake in these two sentences --- >>

A)The space rocket takes off early evening.

B)The space rocket is taking off at seven sharp.

Please explain the reason for your correction :D

Last edited by a moderator:
  • hitman47222

Arabic
    Hello Beryl, I got these sentences from an exercise on future tense in which i am supposed to find the mistake in the sentences and correct it. To be honest, I have no idea whats wrong with them. Both of them sort of sound reasonable to me. Do you see anything wrong with them?

Myridon

English - US
    I don't see anything wrong with the second one (other than that "space rocket" sounds like something a small child would say). The problem I see with the first one is not in the tense of the verb. Hint: Are you sure the lesson isn't about time expressions?

Beryl from Northallerton

British English
    The trouble is, hitman, there are many ways in which your sentences could be 'corrected'.

We don't want to give you bad advice, but it's hard to advise you when we don't know what your exercise is expecting you to do.

Is there any way that we could get to see this exercise, hitman?

hitman47222

Arabic
    I have attached a photo of the exercise. Never mind my poor hand writing though. I was on bed and half sleep when i did this :)

Also the underlining was made by me. So the mistake could be anywhere.

Attachments

Beryl from Northallerton

British English
    Thanks! As good as that is though, it requires a ninety degree clockwise rotation. Can you do that?

Also (and I may be missing something due to a stiff neck here) I still couldn't see what the exercise was asking you to do. :confused:

Myridon

English - US
    Looking at your picture in the early morning, this exercise seems to be totally random - prepositions, adverbs, etc. You haven't shown the part with the instructions, the title of the lesson, etc.

hitman47222

Arabic
    Beryl, The photo i took was straight, Clear and about 3 MG in size. After i uploaded it , It was rotated , blurry and about 32kb or so. So i am not sure what i can do.. You can probably right click it , save it as an image and then rotate it in windows photo viewer.

As for Myridon. The instructions of the exercise basically says : Find the mistake in the following sentences then re-write them correctly. As for the title of the lesson. The lesson is basically divided into two parts. Vocabulary ( Includes the Prepositions or adverbs that you saw) And Grammar. The Grammar part of this lesson is the Future tense. And since these 2 sentences seem correct in the term of words. I concluded that were was something wrong with the tense of the verb.

A thing worth noting though is that this is a long exercise. There was about 120 sentences to correct. If you guys see nothing wrong with the 2 sentences then Maybe these 2 are actually right but were mistakenly written in there. Not sure.

Beryl from Northallerton

British English
    I presume there's no answer key at the back of the book

Here' s a possible correction:

A)The space rocket takes off in the early evening.

B)The space rocket is taking off at seven o'clock sharp.

>> Maybe these 2 are actually right but were mistakenly written in there.

There are many others on that page that do not require correction.

< Previous | Next >