ears buried in its fur twitch

< Previous | Next >

Geralt_Noblesse

Arabic-Morroco
hi ,

could you tell me what's '' fur twitch '' mean in this sentences ? ' the stubby ears buried in its fur twitch ' , who said this sentence talk about a cat .

thanks .

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Please tell us where you found the sentence, and provide some context. Is that the complete sentence? What are the sentences before and after it? (You are allowed to quote up to four in all.) What is the relevance of your thread title, "fur Steam?"

Geralt_Noblesse

Arabic-Morroco
    ops i messed up with the title , sorry , it's fur twitch , i'll try to correct it ,

it's a guy talking about a sleeping cat i forgot the sentences before if that doesn't help you , i'll update the topic when i have the other sentences before .

thanks

i tried to correct the title but i didn't find the button , it can't be helped :(

Egmont

English - U.S.
    Welcome to WRF, G.N.!

"Fur twitch" is not a relevant phrase here. "Buried in its fur" is a phrase that describes where the stubby ears are. The cat's ears, which are buried in its fur, twitch.

Separately, you can't change a thread title by yourself. Only moderators can do that. You can ask a moderator to change it by clicking "Report" under your post and entering your request in the dialogue box that will appear. Our moderators usually take care of reasonable requests like this one without much delay.

Geralt_Noblesse

Arabic-Morroco
    i'll contact a mod , egmont , thanks ,

here the other sentences : i'd taken it for a stuffed animal at first glance , it sure looks like a fluffy toy , but when i draw close the stubby ears burried in its fur twitch like miniature radar antennas .

Egmont explained it to you already:
    "Twitch" is a verb.

The ears twitch.
    The ears are stubby, and so you can say "the stubby ears twitch."
    The ears are also buried in fur.
    The stubby ears -- which are buried in fur -- twitch.

Note that there is only on "R" in buried.

Geralt_Noblesse

Arabic-Morroco
    my bad i didn't notice that twitch is a verb there :l , and for buried i don't know why i always write it with 2 R maybe because in french there's 2 R :D

thanks , i got my answer .

< Previous | Next >