ease of compliance management

James Zhang

China/Chinese
Hi, teachers. I have some questions with the sentence below.
...reducing the cost, risk, and ease of compliance management throughout
the enterprise.
My questions are:
1. What does "ease of compliance management" mean here?

Thank you. Have a good day.
J

• Kelly B

USA English
    Compliance management: causing someone or something to follow the rules, or to stay within the established systems. If ease of compliance management is achieved, that means it is not difficult to cause the rules to be followed, etc.

I think the sentence is poorly worded: you certainly would not want to reduce the... ease of compliance management. You'd want to reduce its difficulty. But I doubt that it's your fault...

James Zhang

China/Chinese
    Hi, Kelly.

I double checked the sentence -- it is exactly what is on the printed paper, and the paper is taken home from my office.

This one white paper is particularly hard....

Thank you, kelly.

J

nycphotography

American English
    compliance is a finance term.... that means following the rules and standards established by the the SEC (securities and exchanges comission) regarding accounting practices, and the functioning of the exchanges.

Compliance management is the task (in a financial services company) of making sure all the greedy little monkeys follow the rules. The rules are complex and extensive.

Ease of compliance management = a system (software I would guess) that makes it easy for compliance management to oversee exactly what everyone is doing, and also to prevent them from non-compliant acts before they commit them.