eat (as a lewd word)

< Previous | Next >

WondererCarvalho

Portugês (Brasil)
Hello.

I'd like to know whether it's possible to use "eat" as "sexually have someone" as an informal way to speak. There's a CollegeHumor parody (spoofing Street Fighter) in which I've heard the following "All they wanna do is crash cars and eat hookers" (in American English).

Does, by any chance, this word bear such meaning in a given way, as in Portuguese for instance, the same word for "eat" is used in both senses.

I had a hard time with an English teacher trying to find it out unsuccessfully, now I want to hear from real English speakers as always...

Thanks beforehand for any kind response.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Packard

USA, English
    "Eat" is, in AE, a slang term for cunninglingus.

(A cunning linguist would be something else entirely.)

pob14

American English
    I'm not sure what you mean by "both senses" either. "Eat" in a sexual sense means "perform oral sex on." The male-performing-on-female version is often called "eating someone out." My mother would be so proud of my responses on this thread . . . .

WondererCarvalho

Portugês (Brasil)
    Hi, cyberpedant,

The sense it seems to fit in my example (and that is the same in Portuguese) would be "sexually have", or more specifically meaning the "F*" word...

It's not the first time I've read and heard such word in an apparent lewd manner.

Thanks for your help so far ; )

WondererCarvalho

Portugês (Brasil)
    @pob14

Please, don't tell your mother that's all my fault hahahaha :D

Thank you, actually the "both senses" I meant were the most common, "have food" and the other one I was thinking "having sex with". Actually I came across "eat" for "oral sex" some times. "Eat out" for me always meant "go out for eat food in reataurants or anybody's home". But now I got wind of the sexual meaning.

Thanks everyone for helping.

< Previous | Next >