Eating utensils (fork, knife, spoon)

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by teddison5, Dec 21, 2006.

  1. teddison5

    teddison5 Senior Member

    English, USA
    How would you say this in Spanish:

    Creo: Untensilios de comer
  2. KateNicole Senior Member

    Miami, Florida
    English (USA)
    In Mexico we always said cubiertos. It's very general, but it was always understood. I'd wait for more suggestions.
    Vajilla works, too, but for somepeople that only means silverware, and for others, it means the whole dish set.
  3. JackieNuca

    JackieNuca Senior Member

    Spain, Spanish
    We say "cubiertos" in Spain as well :)
  4. bobbyfischer

    bobbyfischer Senior Member

    USA, English
    Yes, cubiertos = eating utensils (forks, knives, spoons)
    Utensilios de cocina = kitchen utensils
  5. fsabroso

    fsabroso Senior Member

    South Texas
    Perú / Castellano

    En Perú usamos "cubiertos" para referirnos al cuchara, cucharita, tenedor y cuchillo.

Share This Page