Eco-efficient or environmentally compatible?

• supaboy243

italian
    Sorry. :oops:
    I am looking for information on the internet but I cannot really understand the difference.
    environmentally compatible = environmentally friendly = eco-friendly, right?

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    No.
    1. Compatible does not mean friendly.
    2. Your question was about "Eco-efficient or environmentally compatible." - nothing to do with environmentally friendly or eco-friendly.

JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    Sorry. :oops:
    I am looking for information on the internet but I cannot really understand the difference.
    Those terms are vague but share a meaning of "not harmful to the environment". Other specific meanings may be attached and will probably vary from author to author.

supaboy243

italian
    Ok, relax.
    I asked because I'm trying to understand.

Thank you JulianStuart.

Last edited:

RedwoodGrove

English, USA
    Between two things, one is more correct, more appropriate, etcetera than the other.

In this case, you have to go with whatever usage is more frequent in the community that uses the words. As PaulQ suggests, they are not equal terms.

Cross posted.

Really? Telling someone to "relax" who is trying to help you? You're the one who posted the question.

supaboy243

italian
    Many thanks! :)
    I think there's been some misunderstanding. I was nice and polite with everyone.
    PaulQ's answers seemed to me a little 'peeved. That's all. If not, my bad.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >