effects still last

< Previous | Next >

apoziopeza

slovak
Hi,

Please advise - is it ok to say that the effects still last? I am trying to avoid saying "effects are (still) in force"

Thanks.

A.

Context - extract from court judgment

An action to exclude property from the estate can be satisfied if the following conditions are fulfilled:
[...]
1.At the time when the court makes decision the effects connected with the commencement of the insolvency proceedings still last (by ascertaining the bankruptcy, declaration of bankruptcy) and property is still included in the estate (it was not exempted or excluded from the estate),

2.the plaintiff not being the debtor demonstrates that property should have not been included in the estate and also that it has the right excluding the recording of property in the estate. [...]

The court is aware, from the activity of the latter, that the effects of bankruptcy declaration over the property of the debtor still last and that the Real Estate is still recorded in the debtor’s estate.

• pob14

American English
    There are many problems with this passage (is it your translation or a quote?), and I'll give my usual disclaimer: under no circumstances should you translate a legal document without the advice of a lawyer familiar with the law of the relevant jurisdiction. Words can have unusual meanings in legal documents. (As an example, this passage seems to conflate "commencement of insolvency proceedings" and "bankruptcy declaration," which are probably two very, very different things. I'm not a bankruptcy lawyer, so don't take my word even for that.)

That said, "still in force" sounds better to me than "still last."

< Previous | Next >