El pleno de la Cámara de Diputados de Mexico

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by Millar, Nov 23, 2008.

  1. Millar

    Millar Senior Member

    Madrid, SPAIN
    española, Spain
    Hello everybody, I´m trying to translate a legal documente, and have no idea whatsoever how to say "EL pleno de la Camara de Diputados de México". I have never had to use such a terminology in English.
    Any help Would de appreciated,

  2. evitap Senior Member

    Después de buscar, ésta es mi versión (no sé qué tan correcta o 'accurate' sea): The plenary session of the Chamber of Representatives of México
  3. Millar

    Millar Senior Member

    Madrid, SPAIN
    española, Spain
    Muchísimas gracias evitap, me sirve de mucho ya que yo no tenía ni idea de cómo decirlo en Inglés.

    Gracias, Millar
  4. Snoop Puss Senior Member

    Brit now living in Spain
    I'll add this here, though I've seen various other questions posted on "el pleno" that have not been answered. This may serve for future enquiries on the translation of pleno into English:

    Plenum: a general assembly of all members esp. of a legislative body
  5. Dr Z Senior Member

    Spanish, Spain
    Chamber of Deputies (por eso de que son diputados y no representantes)
  6. erga omnes New Member

    I think "House floor" is more frequently used when referring to the plenum of the House of Representative.
  7. TravelinTom

    TravelinTom Senior Member

    Phoenix, Arizona, USA
    English - Texan
    I would translate it as "in general assemby of the Mexican Chamber of Delegates (Congress).

Share This Page