el proyecto con la planta sin distrubuir

gotitadeleche

U.S.A. English
I don´t understand the words in bold.

El hecho de haber podido realizar el proyecto con la planta sin distrubuir permitío al interiorista XXXXX remodelar el pequeño apartamento según las necesidades.

• miamijaguey

English, USA
    Is PLANTA referring to the floor of a multi-story building? If this is what is meant, it might be referring to an apartment that was remodelled on a floor that had no other occupants, so the project didn´t affect others and wasn´t affected by others. A little more context would help.

cow-boy

SPANISH ARGENTINA
    planta puede estar refieriendo a Floor plan.
    Having been able to do the project without a definite/fixed/finished floor plan, allowed the interior designer to redesign (remodel) the small apparment acording to the needs.....

fenixpollo

American English
    Maybe the project was completed without having to re-model the floor plan -- that way, the interior designer could do a simple decor job. But I think cow-boy's suggestion makes real sense here.

Saludos, goti! :)

cow-boy

SPANISH ARGENTINA
    Thank you miamijaguey, cow-boy and fenix. I think cow-boy's answer is probably the correct one. So sin distribuir means without a fixed plan?

Sin distribuir, is not a common way to describe in Spanish a floor plan in which partitions (or walls if you wish) between the different spaces (bedrooms, living rooms, etc) are yet to be laid out. It is so, because the final lay out is left to be determined by potential buyers or occupants.
    In this particular case, to my understanding, sin distribuir refers to the fact that it is yet to be determined where internal partitions will go to divide spaces.
    The word we use mostly in Argentina is 'planta libre'. It means the floor plan is 'free' to be divided with all the internal partitions the pontential buyer or occupant wishes to.
    HOpe is more clear now.

gotitadeleche

U.S.A. English
    Sin distribuir, is not a common way to describe in Spanish a floor plan in which partitions (or walls if you wish) between the different spaces (bedrooms, living rooms, etc) are yet to be laid out. It is so, because the final lay out is left to be determined by potential buyers or occupants.
    In this particular case, to my understanding, sin distribuir refers to the fact that it is yet to be determined where internal partitions will go to divide spaces.
    The word we use mostly in Argentina is 'planta libre'. It means the floor plan is 'free' to be divided with all the internal partitions the pontential buyer or occupant wishes to.
    HOpe is more clear now.
    Yes, thank you so much for that explanation. This article is from Spain, perhaps sin distribuir is more commonly used there.

< Previous | Next >