Elementos necesarios para tejer un monumental fraude...

Afrodita

Spain Spanish
I have translated this into english, please tell me if it is correct, and help with one word:

"elementos necesarios para tejer un monumental fraude mercantil enmascarado de cultura, al abrigo del personaje más transgresor del siglo XX"

"the essential elements required to weave a monumental fraud disguised as culture, protected by the most (¿transgresor?) figure of the 20th century."

Thankyou! :)

• Artrella

Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    Afrodita said:
    I have translated this into english, please tell me if it is correct, and help with one word:

"elementos necesarios para tejer un monumental fraude mercantil enmascarado de cultura, al abrigo del personaje más transgresor del siglo XX"

"the essential elements required to weave a monumental fraud disguised as culture, protected by the most (¿transgresor?) figure of the 20th century."

Thankyou! :)

Hi Afrodita!!

trangresor >>> transgressor
    As for the sentence I'd say it is correct, but maybe with the help of the natives you can improve it.

Art ;) :p :)

Afrodita

Spain Spanish
    Thanks Art, I am wondering about "transgressor" because this seems to be a noun. I am looking for the adjective: personaje transgresor.

Chaucer

US inglés/español
    Afrodita said:
    Thanks Art, I am wondering about "transgressor" because this seems to be a noun. I am looking for the adjective: personaje transgresor.

You could try:

transgressing

Afrodita

Spain Spanish
    I have been looking this up and came up with "transgressive". I couldn't find "transgressing" in my dictionary.

elroy

Imperfect mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Instead of "weave," I'd say "fabricate."

And where did the word "mercantil" go in your translation?

Afrodita

Spain Spanish
    elroy said:
    Instead of "weave," I'd say "fabricate."

And where did the word "mercantil" go in your translation?
    Ooops. I wanted to say "a monumental commercial fraud". Is that correct?

Thanks for the advice!