Eligibilty Requirement for Continued Receipt of Temporary Assistance

Cellina

english
I am not sure about my translation for the phrase 'Eligibilty Requirement for Continued Receipt of Temporary Assistance'

This is for a document denying a Social Security Claim and letting a client know that they are eligible to request a hearing if they want to continue receiving Temporary Assistance.

Full Sentence:
Your Social Security claim has been denied. It is an ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT FOR CONTINUED RECEIPT OF TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE that you request a hearing by an Administrative Law Judge at the Social Security Office.

My attempt:
Il vostro Reclamo di Previdenza Sociale (Social Security Claim) è stata negata. È un REQUISITO DEL IDONEITÀ PER IL VOSTRO RICEVIMENTO ININTERROTTO DI ASSISTENZA TEMPORANEA (Temporary Assistance) a richiedere un'udienza da parte di Un Giudice Di Legge Amministrativa(Administrative Law Judge) presso l'Ufficio di Sicurezza Sociale (Social Security Office).

• Cellina

english
    We can't proofread whole paragraphs, but you need to be aware that "claim" is a richiesta, not a reclamo (complaint)
    Thank you for that correction. I actually noticed that mistake myself after posting. I wasn't asking for the whole paragraph translated/proofread I just added it for anyone reading this to have a reference for the phrase I am not sure of: 'ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT FOR CONTINUED RECEIPT OF TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE' and see in what context its being used.

MR1492

English -USA
    I must have worked for the U.S. federal government for too long, KC, because it makes sense to me! Someone is already receiving temporary assistance and is probably applying for permanent assistance or needs the temporary assistance for a while longer. The application or administrative process to continue to receive the (probably time limited temporary assistance) is the purpose of the request.

Simple when your life has been devoted to such things.

Phil

King Crimson

Modus in fabula
    Italiano
    Hi Phil,
    I suspected that was the meaning but just wanted to point out the seemingly contradictory nature of that sentence (and, as the old saying goes, "you can't fight city hall":().

Cellina

english
    I must have worked for the U.S. federal government for too long, KC, because it makes sense to me! Someone is already receiving temporary assistance and is probably applying for permanent assistance or needs the temporary assistance for a while longer. The application or administrative process to continue to receive the (probably time limited temporary assistance) is the purpose of the request.

Simple when your life has been devoted to such things.

Phil
    King Crimson I can see how it seems contradictory but Phil is correct!

Cellina

english
    Requisiti di Idoneità per il Proseguimento del Regime di Assistenza Temporanea
    Teerex51 thank you for that translation, it was a great help. So from what you wrote I should actually be translating Temporary Assistance as Regime di Assistenza Temporanea not just Assistenza Temporanea?

< Previous | Next >