Elle a toutes les clés en main pour réussir

sevego

French, Switzerland
Hi everyone,

Could anyone help me to translate this expression into English:

Elle a toutes les clés en main pour réussir.

Thank you very much for you help.

• CARNESECCHI

French / France
    Hello,
    If I may, I'd like to add a question to yours : I had to translate the same sentence (or close) and I wrote "The keys for success are in her own hand(s)". I know I'm close but I'd like to have a comment (or rectification) from a native because I'm not sure it's harmonious.
    Thanks in advance (and sorry to interfere)

Aupick

UK, English
    I agree with pieanne. I would also be inclined to drop the "own" and just say, "The keys to success are in her hands". The reason is that for me including "own" suggests that you're trying to make a contrast, as if the preceding sentence were "She thought the keys to success were in her mother's hands (...but they were in her own hands)". It overstresses whose hands the keys were in. The point, I think, is more that the keys to success were available to her, not that they were available to her rather than someone else.

(Did that make any sense at all? :confused: Does it matter? :confused: )

CARNESECCHI

French / France
    Hello,
    Thanks so much! You gave me the exact nuance I needed : the colleague who asked for help in English really wanted to insist in the fact that she was the only master of her destiny and that she had to make up her mind.
    Thanks again!

sevego

French, Switzerland
    Thank you very much for your quick and efficient help.

Today was the first time I used this website and I must say I am really happy with it.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Do not worry Carnesecchi.. your "interference" was enriching.

And yes, Aupick, it did make sense, thanks :) .

Indeed, I meant She is the only one to have the key to success.

< Previous | Next >