embowering

< Previous | Next >

STL

Lebanese Arabic
Hi!

Can you help me translate the following into Arabic?

In gloom embowering beyond the glade

Not that blind life they'd be the mothers of.

Thank you.

• Josh_

U.S., English
    These appear to be from poems and poetry is not my strong point. So, I'm not not sure I understand the phrases.

In the first sentence it seems like there is an object missing -- what is the gloom embowering?

That said, here are my suggestions on the phrases as they are:

In gloom embowering beyond the glade
    I'm assuming 'gloom' here refers to darkness.

في العتمة المظلّلة بالأغصان إلى ما بعد الأرض الفضاء في الغابة

في العتمة المعرّشة إلى ما بعد الأرض الفضاء في الغابة

There seems to be a tone of sadness so maybe العتمة المغيّمة would work:

Not that blind life they'd be the mothers of.
    This seems to be the end of a sentence so assuming there is already a negative particle maybe it could be translated thus:

...ولا الحياة العمياء التي سيكنّ أمهاتها.

cute angel

the universe
    في العتمة المظلّلة بالأغصان إلى ما بعد الأرض الفضاء في الغابة

في العتمة المعرّشة إلى ما بعد الأرض الفضاء في الغابة
    I didn't understand the meaning of the word embowering but I can say that the structure of these sentences is a bit strange would you give me the meaning of the word embrowering to help me to correct the form please?

Josh_

U.S., English
    It means to shelter, surround, or cover with a bower (similar to an عريش). lعرّش seems to be the most appropriate verb, but I can't be sure.

Like I said it seems like the first sentence is missing an object and so I wrote the Arabic sentence without a مفعول به which, of course, is incorrect.

cute angel

the universe
    So a glade here means a space behind the wood where there is no trees I guess we can say Beyond the glade in a gloom embowering .(I don't know if it is correct like that) in Arabic we can say وراء الغابة في العريش المظلم....

< Previous | Next >