embrace someone in a hostile way

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member
He started punching me, so I ___________ him tight and applied a spinal lock.

I'm looking for a verb that would describe putting your arms around someone during a fight. I'm not particularly happy with 'embrace', since it seems to be only used as a display of positive feelings towards someone.

Would clasp do the trick?
  • < Previous | Next >