embrace your dreams

iesha

English
Hello Everyone! I was having a little trouble and was hoping you could help write "embrace your dreams" in Egyptian Arabic? I found

embrace, arms - حضن (ج) أحضان
dream - حِلم (ج) أحلام

but i am not exactly sure how it would be written together and if it is written from right to left?

Last edited:
  • xebonyx

TR/AR/EN
    I don't know about Egyptian, but I can explain it in terms of Fus7a:
    The "embrace" you've provided is a noun(which I'm sure holds true for Egyptian). You'll know this because of the
    ج which is an abbreviation for the "plural" form of the given word in Arabic. What you need is the imperative -- the command. Hopefully I won't (or haven't) confused you, but since it's derived from verb I and the stem vowel is 'u', it should be (the neutral reference):
    (u7dun a7laamuk) أحضن أحلامك

cherine

Arabic (Egypt).
    Actually, we don't use i7taDin that often (if at all). So, Xebonyx version is the correct one, with a little correction of the vowels:
    أحضن أحلامك
    o7Don a7laamak (even in MSA it would be a7laamak, because it's a maf3uul bihi).

P.S. I just remembered that Warda وردة has a song entitled: احضنوا الأيام .

xebonyx

TR/AR/EN
    o7Don a7laamak (even in MSA it would be a7laamak, because it's a maf3uul bihi).
    :thumbsup:Thanks, Cherine. I was questioning myself whether to write an "a" or "u" there, and didn't bother to look at my grammar book just to make sure.

< Previous | Next >