En vous (en) souhaitant bonne reception

Heather S

Français
Hi everyone !!

I'm french and I 'm sending a really important mail because I want to attend some english courses next year but I have to join some documents. I know in French I would have said "en vous souhaitant bonne reception" or "en vous en souhaitant bonne réception" -same thing here- but I have no idea how to write that in English. I have been searching on the web but I hadn't found anything so if anyone could help me it will be very nice !!

Thank you very very much :D

• Heather S

Français
    Merci beaucoup
    J'avais regardé l'historique WR ou du moins le lien que tu m'as envoyé mais aucun sujet ne sortait alors je n'ai pas creusé plus loin, j'aurais sans doute dû, désolée et merci encore

ain'ttranslationfun?

US English
    Is it necessary to add in EN an equivalent for "En vous (en) souhaitant bonne réception"? I'm not sure we would, at least not in the US. (Where will the courses be?)

DrD

England English
    I agree that this isn't really a standard thing we would say in English. Assuming that I understand what you mean correctly - if you want to know if they have received it safely, then you could say 'I would be grateful if you could acknowledge safe receipt (of this email and its attachments)'. Otherwise, I would just leave it out. If you really want to say something, you could say 'I hope this reaches you safely'.

Heather S

Français
    No, j'avais cherché juste avant de commence ce topic, justement... enfin bref, je suis désolée ^^'

Yes, thanks, I finally left that out, because I think for a mail it would be strange to write 'I hope this reaches you safely' =)
    ain'ttranslationfun: it's a biology course in France in university of Nantes :)

But thank you very much for your answers !! =D

< Previous | Next >