"Enable logging"

mayflyaway

English (USA)
Bonjour!

Comment est-qu'on peut dire "Enable Logging" dans le sense technique (ordinateur)? Je veux dire, une liste d'actions que la logiciel as faire sera creer.

Merci bcp!
mfa.

• Shark

France - French
    Could you tell us exactly in English in which context will this sentence appear? For the moment, I think that "permettre la connexion" could fit. "To log in" doesn't really have a direct translation in French, so we sometimes use the English word.

mayflyaway

English (USA)
    Here is what I mean by "Enable logging": Create a file that lists all actions the software has taken. IE, create a log file. Example sentence: "To enable logging, check this box." However, the sentence is not used in the software, it is simply "Enable Logging" with a box next to it, which can be checked or unchecked.
    Contextually, it is not a matter of "logging in" but of tracking the actions the software has taken.
    Thanks!

anangelaway

French
    mayflyaway said:
    Bonjour!

Comment est-qu'on peut dire "Enable Logging" dans le sense technique (ordinateur)? Je veux dire, une liste d'actions que la logiciel as faire sera creer.

Merci bcp!
    mfa.
    Hello Mayflyaway!:)

Could it be something like:
    ''Permettre l'enregistrement.''?

There are some ''permettre le Log'' as well here and there, but I'm really not sure if this is what you need. I understand it in English, but that much in French.
    Please wait for the IT experts to help you on that one.

Nau Kofi

France/Français
    The better translation for log file is probably trace. So :
    - Permettre la trace
    - Activer la trace
    - Autoriser la trace

blinnith

French, France
    mayflyaway said:
    Here is what I mean by "Enable logging": Create a file that lists all actions the software has taken. IE, create a log file. Example sentence: "To enable logging, check this box." However, the sentence is not used in the software, it is simply "Enable Logging" with a box next to it, which can be checked or unchecked.
    Contextually, it is not a matter of "logging in" but of tracking the actions the software has taken.
    Thanks!
    In the best technical french, it could be "Activer la journalisation". If it is on a check box for example. In a text we could say "permettre/autoriser la journalisation".
    exemple:
    http://cri.univ-tlse1.fr/documentations/securite/journalisation.html

For typical french engineers, we said "activer le logging" :)
    Or we talks about "logs"

< Previous | Next >