enabling a considerable enlargement

< Previous | Next >

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
Hi, I would like to please ask you if the expression in bold is correct in the following:
The realization of such a microstructure, which consists of very long columns of highly defected material, was observed to be capable of enhancing flux pinning, enabling a considerable enlargement of the irreversibility region in the H-T plane.

• owlman5

English-US
    Hi, Marc. I understand this to mean that "the realization of such a microstructure" enables a considerable enlargement. Is this what you were trying to say?

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
    Hi, Marc. I understand this to mean that "the realization of such a microstructure" enables a considerable enlargement. Is this what you were trying to say?
    Thanks, owlman5. Yes, it is what I mean. Do you think that The realization of can be omitted and just say Such a microstructure ...?

owlman5

English-US
    You're welcome, Marc.

Do you think that The realization of can be omitted and just say Such a microstructure ...?
    This sounds fine to me. If you believe you can eliminate "realization" without changing your meaning, the shorter version is better and easier to read.

< Previous | Next >