End a class

< Previous | Next >
  • Hildy1

English - US and Canada
    The sentence is grammatically correct, but without context it is not possible to judge whether it is appropriate. It sounds like an odd thing to say.

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    It comes across to me rather an odd thing to say. What scenario are you describing here? What sort of 'class' is this, and what type of 'answer' had you been expecting? If you can give us a little bit of background, please, we can hopefully give you a fuller answer. :)

lingobingo

English - England
    It sounds as though what you mean is:
    Since none of you seems to have an answer to my question, I’ll end the lesson at this point.

mikeccosta

Portuguese
    Thank you so much for your answers.
    I work as an ESL teacher at a Language Center in Brazil. During the pandemic, I've been teaching online. Ten minutes before the lesson starts, I greet the students using WhatsApp and share a link for everyone to connect to Zoom. Sometimes no student answers my greetings, so I just send them a message, like "Because there was no answer, I end our class".

dojibear

English - US
    Hello, mikeccosta. Welcome to the forum.

I work as an ESL teacher at a Language Center in Brazil. During the pandemic, I've been teaching online. Ten minutes before the lesson starts, I greet the students using WhatsApp and share a link for everyone to connect to Zoom. Sometimes no student answers my greetings, so I just send them a message, like "Because there was no answer, I end our class".
    In this case you decide not to have a class, because no students connected for this class.

Your sentence is good. Or you could say something like

Because there was no answer, we won't have a class.

< Previous | Next >