end up (being ???) at my house

Rizan

India-Hindi/Urdu
1) Somehow they all ended up at my house. ("end up" + prepositional phrase)

2) Well, grades ended up to be unimportant after all as my first job after graduating ended up in a private school with a very low pay scale. ("end up" + prepositional phrase)

3) She ended up a rich woman. ("end up" + noun phrase)

4) Maybe I'll end up a journalist. ("end up" + noun phrase)

5) She'll end up penniless if she continues to spend like that. ("end up" + adjective)

6) That could end up catastrophic. ("end up" + adjective)

Are they all correct? Or do they all need "being" after "end up"? For example:

Maybe I'll end up being a journalist.

• Roxxxannne

American English (New England and NYC)
    #2, in which you have two examples of 'ended up,' is not completely clear as I read it.
    Well, grades ended up to be unimportant after all as my first job after graduating ended up in a private school with a very low pay scale.

It sounds as though the job is traveling here and there and finally came to rest in a private school.
    I suggest "... ended up being in a private school .."

Rizan

India-Hindi/Urdu
    It sounds as though the job is traveling here and there and finally came to rest in a private school.
    I suggest "... ended up being in a private school .."
    Yes, that's why I asked the question. What's wrong with the verb "end up"! Even with the same word class (noun, adjective, etc), it behaves differently, sometimes taking "being", sometimes not. The original sentences were as below:

1) Somehow they all ended up at my house. (No "being")

2) Well, grades ended up to be unimportant after all as my first job after graduating ended up being in a private school with a very low pay scale. (With "being")

3) She ended up a rich woman. (No "being")

4) Maybe I'll end up being a journalist. (With "being")

5) She'll end up penniless if she continues to spend like that. (No "being")

6) That could end up being catastrophic. (With "being")

Gotta avoid this verb completely!