engaging the conversation

< Previous | Next >

Irelia20150604

Chinese
The quotation comes from Evan Rachel Wood wants her son to grow up somewhere 'normal'

Quotation: The 29-year-old continued, “But there’s a part of me that also believes in going where you’re needed. And if I can be there, bringing something else to the table or engaging the conversation or speaking up when I need to speak up, then that’s also important. I don’t want to run scared.”
===
Hi everyone! Does the bold part mean "taking part in the conversation"? If so, I would expect "engaging in the conversation" here...

• Barque

Tamil
    Hi everyone! Does the bold part mean "taking part in the conversation"?
    I understand it as taking an active part in the conversation, or directing its flow. "Conversation" here seems to be a metaphor for "activity".

"Engaging in conversation" only means participating in a conversation, without implying a very active role or control.

myaktion

English
    I understand it as taking an active part in the conversation, or directing its flow. "Conversation" here seems to be a metaphor for "activity".

"Engaging in conversation" only means participating in a conversation, without implying a very active role or control.[/QUOTEYes you are right it is actifve part at first followed by direct form

< Previous | Next >