English course certification letter

< Previous | Next >

Baby_V

italian
I am not sure if this set of phrases "English course certification letter" can be used to describe a letter that certifies a person is attending or has completed English courses. Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Last edited:
  • DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    In the absence of any supporting context (which might have been helpful here, by the way ;)) I would take it to mean a letter certifying that a student has successfully completed his or her English course, yes.

Baby_V

italian
    I knew you were going to answer my question here! Thank you very much, DonnyB. :thumbsup::D;)

Take care,
    Baby_V

Baby_V

italian
    Hello DonnyB again,

If a student requires the school to issue a letter certifying that she has been studying English for her, what will you call that letter? :p

Baby_V

italian
    Could I say it "a letter of English Language course participation confirmation"? To me, it might provide a clearer explanation, but sounds awkward on the contrary.

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    It sounds awkward in the extreme! You could perhaps say "a letter of confirmation for my English course" if you need to make clear what the letter is about.

However, as I hinted in post #2, we can give you much better answers if you say exactly what this letter is and what you need it for. :)

Baby_V

italian
    What will be said in that letter (I assume) is going to be like .... This is to certify that Baby_V has been studying English for one semester at ...... (Language School's name), given on (date).

I don't know exactly what will be said in that letter as I'm asking the school to issue the letter for me to apply for a program. It will be like evidence to guarantee that I have really been studying English.

Last edited:

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    I see now ;)
    I'd be inclined to call that a certificate: the wording is much the same as appears on the certificates I get every year from the university for my Italian course. Although it may not have gold-plated writing and an official seal, the purpose is the same - it certifies officially that you completed the course as stated.:)

Baby_V

italian
    I assume your Italian must be very good! Hahaha. Thanks, DonnyB.

I didn't know English native speakers would call it "certificate" as it is just a paper without an official seal. However, I totally agree with you that the wording is much the same as appears on certificates.

Let's finish this thread up (just to confirm that we are on the same page ;)), is it what we call "English course certificate"?

< Previous | Next >