Enough before an adjective [enough good english skills]

keilah_5

Spanish - Spain
"Sense of humor and enough good english skills to keep interesting conversations going are must haves."

• Ellada39

Greek -Athens
    adjective/ adverb + enough
    enough + noun

In my opinion: skills good enough to .... instead of: enough good skills to...

Last edited:

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    enough good English skills to .... ['enough' = quantity / number of skills.] They must have the number of skills they will need to keep conversations going.

good enough English skills to ... [enough = quality.] Their English must be as good as is required to keep conversations going. It gives a minimum requirement. Their English doesn't have to be perfect, but they have to be able to do what is needed.

In this context, I think you mean the second, what you have in your sample sentence.

Note: For the noun form, we hyphenate 'must-haves'.

keilah_5

Spanish - Spain
    If I right my sentence this way… "Sense of humor and english skills good enough to keep interesting conversations going are must-haves" Is it right then?

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    If you write English with a capital E, then it is acceptable as a line in an advertisement or notice, which I assume it is.

keilah_5

Spanish - Spain
    Oh no, in fact I made that sentence for a section of requests on my social web's profile. Thanks for replying back!

< Previous | Next >